Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to User’s access to azblue.com interactive web applications and all written, visual and oral information to which a User may have access through use of a defined User Identification credential (UID, a Security Password or other security device provided by BCBSAZ) (“Credentials”)
2. Confidentiality Obligation
All information to which a User has access on the azblue.com interactive web applications by using his/her Credentials is the confidential and proprietary information of BCBSAZ. A User shall maintain the confidentiality of such information in accordance with Federal and state laws and these terms and conditions and shall not share such information with any third party. In the absence of any such provisions, a User shall, at a minimum, use the same means to protect BCBSAZ’s confidential information as the User employs to protect his/her own confidential business information, but in any event shall at least use reasonable means to protect the confidential information. User shall access only the minimum information required to meet the User’s legitimate business needs. User understands and shall advise any individuals who are permissibly allowed to view confidential information obtained through or from azblue.com interactive web applications, that access to health claims related information in the possession of BCBSAZ is subject to the confidentiality standards set forth under state and/or Federal law and that improper disclosure of such information to anyone who does not have a legitimate business need to know the information, and appropriate written protections or consent, may subject the User and or any other individuals who have access to the confidential information to criminal penalties.
Each User shall comply with the following rules:
- Users shall not share their Credentials with any other individual. Passwords shall not be posted or exposed to the view of others and must be constructed in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of each User.
- The practice Administrator shall terminate a User’s access to azblue.com when the User no longer has a legitimate business need to access the information or the User is no longer employed by the entity to which the access was initially granted.
- Users shall not use automatic log on processes, such as but not limited to PF KEYS or BAT FILES to access the applications unless the process requires manual input of User Credentials.
- Users shall not save passwords in the system.
- BCBSAZ may supplement or amend its rules for use of Credentials and access to the applications at any time by updating these Terms and Conditions or by providing written notice to User or the contact person at the entity with which User is affiliated.
- Users shall ensure at all times that no visual display of any confidential information shall be visible to the general public or unauthorized personnel.
- Access to azblue.com interactive web applications, as described in these terms and conditions, shall be available only to, and used only by, authorized individuals. Authorized individuals are: the practice Administrator (DA) to which BCBSAZ has granted access, and the individuals that the DA has authorized on behalf of the account. Any DA shall have and maintain adequate and appropriate policies and procedures for authorizing access and protecting information available through the azblue.com interactive web applications.
- As between BCBSAZ and the User, BCBSAZ owns the confidential information provided hereunder and the grant of the limited license to use the confidential information pursuant to this arrangement does not transfer any rights of any kind to the User other than a limited right to use the data in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Further, all materials that BCBSAZ supplies to the User and the entity with which the User is affiliated through or about the azblue.com interactive web applications, including instructions or manuals, shall remain the sole property of BCBSAZ.
4. No Warranty
BCBSAZ makes commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy of the information available through the azblue.com interactive web applications. However, the information sources are not always subject to immediate verification, therefore Users should use independent means to verify the information when possible. Accordingly, all confidential information provided by BCBSAZ is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, expressed, implied or otherwise.
BCBSAZ shall provide User with access to azblue.com interactive web applications on a basis consistent with other similarly situated Users of the systems. BCBSAZ does not guarantee system availability under this arrangement and is not responsible for any periods of system down time which BCBSAZ, or any entity acting on BCBSAZ's behalf for web hosting purposes or other maintenance services, determines in its sole judgment may be needed for system maintenance or which occur for any reasons beyond the control of BCBSAZ or such entity.
6. Audit Rights
BCBSAZ may decide to review and audit certain of its Users regarding the use of the azblue.com interactive web applications and to examine supporting documentation, records and associated information regarding same. BCBSAZ shall conduct such audits during normal business hours at any premises where functions are being performed and information accessed under these terms and conditions. Users shall cooperate with any such audits. Failure to cooperate may result in termination of usage rights.
7. Term and Termination
These terms and conditions shall be effective upon acceptance and shall continue in force and effect unless the parties mutually agree to terminate, BCBSAZ may immediately terminate these Terms and Conditions upon User's violation(s) of these terms and conditions or any other Security Administration policies communicated to User in writing or electronically. BCBSAZ has no obligation to maintain any part or all of the azblue.com interactive web applications and may terminate any one or all applications at any time in its sole discretion. If BCBSAZ discontinues one or more applications, these terms and conditions shall no longer apply to the terminated application.
- User acknowledges that the confidential information is a valuable asset of BCBSAZ and improper disclosure or use of such information may cause BCBSAZ irreparable harm and that there may be no adequate remedy available at law. Accordingly, the User agrees that BCBSAZ shall have the right to obtain immediate injunctive relief to enforce obligations under these terms and conditions, in addition to any other rights and remedies BCBSAZ may have at law or in equity.
- Provision of eligibility and/or benefit information does not constitute authorization of claim payment. These terms and conditions are not intended to supersede any other contract between BCBSAZ and another party. All other member and provider contractual limitations, including but not limited to, prior approvals, precertification and referrals must be handled separately as defined in the Member and Provider Information offered by BCBSAZ. Appropriate penalties as defined in those contracts shall apply for failure to meet these obligations.
- Any computer hardware and/or software purchased by User to obtain access to http://www.azblue.com or to azblue.com interactive web application is the sole financial responsibility of User or the entity to which the User is affiliated. BCBSAZ is not responsible for any of the software or hardware equipment if the access provided hereunder is otherwise removed or restricted in any way. In addition, User is responsible for ensuring that the hardware and software User has purchased is compatible with any azblue.com interactive web application. Any costs associated with providing this access, including but not limited to the charges for the ongoing use of telecommunications lines, internet service providers, or the like shall be borne by the User. In addition, BCBSAZ shall not have any liability whatsoever for any incidental or consequential damages related to providing the access or the use of information under these terms and conditions.
- User represents and warrants that he/she has the authority to access this information on his/her own behalf or on behalf of his/her employer and the authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions. User and his/her employer shall indemnify and hold BCBSAZ harmless for any loss, cost, or expense, including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees directly related to the User's improper use of azblue.com interactive web application, access to confidential information contained therein, User's release of confidential information to any unauthorized individuals or entities, User's breach or the breach by any of the User's employees, agents or representative of the covenants of this agreement.
- To the extent that User is authorized to submit information via BCBSAZ's azblue.com interactive web application, User agrees that he/she is responsible for the accuracy of any information
- If any provision of this agreement should become prohibited by or irrelevant by applicable state or Federal law or determined invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other governmental or regulatory authority with jurisdiction over the parties hereto, then such provisions shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition, without invalidating the remainder of the provision or remaining provisions of this agreement. Any notice provision requiring a written notice shall be satisfied if notice is provided electronically to the practice Administrator coordinator on behalf of their employer named in the online web registration
- The confidentiality obligations and the indemnification obligations shall survive the termination of User’s access and these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed according to the laws of the State of Arizona.